BeginUnit is the subsection that defines a unit at this plot. A unit is defined in the following way:
BeginUnit UnitType=AAAA, UnitOwner=BBBB Level=CCCC, Experience=DDDD PromotionType=EEEE UnitAIType=FFFF EndUnit
- AAAA = the unit type that is at the plot. These values are defined in CIV4UnitInfos.xml.
- BBBB = the unit owner (the player number who owns this unit). The first player is player 0 with the last possible player being player 17 (equals 18 players).
- CCCC = the experience level of the unit. Each level means one more promotion is possible. EG: Level=0 means no promotions, Level=2 means 2 promotions.
- DDDD = the actual experience of the unit. This reflects how many points it has gained towards the next promotion level.
- EEEE = the promotions this unit has. You assign as many PromotionType lines as Levels given to the unit above. These values are defined in CIV4PromotionInfos.xml.
- FFFF = the usage of the unit for the AI. Assigning the correct UnitAIType for a unit is important as it tells the AI what the unit is used for. EG: Settler units should get UnitAIType=UNITAI_SETTLE